Did you know in heaven they have roller coasters?
Yes you heard me. Its time to get out of our box, our comfortable little box full of all the comfortable and cosy little things we are used to. I am not talking about a literal box but rather the box that is the limited space that we think in. I rather like the quote from a prophetess who says “it’s time to take your natural mind out and replace it with your spiritual mind”. This is important because before we are to understand the supernatural and the spiritual things of this realm and the next we need to say “goodbye” or “adios” to our fixed ideas and open our eyes to the fact that the most real and exciting things cannot be placed inside a box.
In heaven there is a roller coaster called The Rush. It is higher than any roller coaster we can imagine on earth. In fact it goes miles up and the capsules leap off the roller coaster before landing back on it and whizzing down and then up to the next loop. I know I want to live my life like that here. I don’t want to wait until I die.
In heaven people see music. Well I know that there is a condition called Lexical-gustatory synesthesia which is where certain colours, emotions and more commonly sounds cause these people to experience taste and smell. In heaven be prepared to have your senses crossed over, mixed up and being entirely topsy turvy as we know it. In this busy world sometimes I close my eyes and try and imagine what this would be like.
In heaven everything is full of light including the food. I can’t imagine weight gain is an issue here or greed for that matter. God is our light, in fact it was one of the first things he created. One day soon people are going to use light to paint and do many other things here on the earth. I just can’t wait.
But why wait. Let’s all start by taking out our natural minds and taking a leap into the unknown. I bet you never knew that heaven was a lot more fun than a few angels sitting on a cloud and perhaps very soon people will dare to live the unknown here on earth bringing to life the very words Jesus spoke, “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”.
Join me in this prayer and let’s live in expectation.
- What type of person do you want to fall in love with?
Ask yourself this question and write down the qualities that you look for in a person.
Don’t think too much about this question just write the first things that come to your mind.
- What type of person are you?
Now write down on a piece of paper the type of person you are. You can use adjectives to describe yourself or describe your habits.
2. What type of person do you want to be? what do you want to achieve in life? what is your gift/purpose?
- Take some time each day for two weeks to sit and be. Ten minutes if you are very busy or more if you can.
- Shut the door and block out the distractions
- Get comfortable.
- You can sit or lie down whichever is easier.
- Then close your eyes and breathe in and out focusing on who you are right now.
- Then pray to God to reveal to you the mysteries in your heart and who you truly are.
- You may see a picture in your mind or words may come to mind.
- Remember to breathe and relax.
- Now write down what you have experienced.
- Look at the type of person you are and the type of person you want to be. Are they similar? What do you need to do to become that person?
- Write down what you need to achieve
4. What type of person do you need?
- Write down what kind of person you need in your life.
- Think about all aspects, dreams, spirituality, emotional.
5. Compare the person you need with the person you want. Are they the same? Are they similar? Have you changed your mind about what is important to you?
6. Would this person fall in love with you? Why/ why not?
- What do you need to do to achieve those similar qualities? If you wrote a positive person and you are very negative then practise saying one positive thing every day.
- Remember it’s not about changing who you are as a person for anyone else but it’s about becoming a better person for yourself and having a relationship with someone who also helps you to achieve this.
- It’s important to achieve our full potential in life.
- Remember you need someone who helps you achieve your dreams
- You also need someone with similar core values. Opposites attract is true but most long term, lasting steady relationships are of two people with similar core values and a similar understanding of one another.
7. Be yourself
This may seem like a contradiction but actually the best person you can be is the best version of yourself. No one else can be that person and so you have the responsibility to become that person and use your gifts to bless others.Remember your dreams are just that ‘your dreams’ so grab them.
8. Stop worrying and stressing
Enjoy your life and remember when you are not as stressed you are a more attractive person. Start a club, join the gym, go running, go travelling and go on an adventure. You’ll be surprised when that person turns up and where they appear.
- Let your smile radiate out and bless others. People will be drawn to you.
- Be loving and giving
- Be generous and open to all
10. Don’t give up
- Never give up. Never say ‘I’ll never find someone’. Words are powerful.
- Bless yourself every morning.
- Declare that you will find the person who you need whom will help you become even more yourself and someone who you can encourage to do the same.
Remember you are unique and there is no one like you.
1.Sit and be still and get to know yourself
Take ten minutes out each day to be still and to just ‘be’. In this quiet time you will suddenly come to face yourself, your fears, your dreams and your mind will become clearer.
- Start by finding a comfortable place with no distractions
- Focus on being thankful for who you are
- Be mindful of your surroundings- feel where you are sitting, breathe in the air and use all of your senses
- Focus on your breathing
- Pray for God to show you who you really are
- If you prefer music then put music on with no lyrics
2. Turn the negatives into positives
Everyone has bad things that happen to them and unfortunately that is part of life however we can try and find the silver lining to change the situation around even if that is really hard to start with.
- Think of the things you’ve learnt through that situation
- Think of how you can teach others through the things that you’ve learnt
- For every bad thought think of two positive thoughts and write them down if it helps you
3. Write a letter to yourself
- Write a letter to your past self telling them how to get to where you are now
- What advice would you give them?
4. Project yourself
- Project yourself, what are your true dreams for the future (in one year, in five years, throughout your life)
- Write down your thoughts
- Write a letter from your future self to your current self (this one needs more time) giving advice and comfort
5. Shake off the past
- Take the time each morning to shake off the past
- Look into the mirror and say one (or more) positive things about yourself (if you struggle with this get a friend to name one positive thing even if you don’t believe it say it).
- Smile (practise smiling)
- Look for the good in others and in the world around you. The more you practise the better you’ll get. Remember its all about changing your mindset.
6. Be proactive
- Look at your dreams
- What do you need to do to achieve them?
- If it looks scary take smaller steps and take them one by one. Don’t leap just take small steps
- Take the advice of those around you that care and support you
Remember we each have a gift. It’s what we do with it that counts.