Most of the time when we think of eternity we think of the future. In the dictionary two main definitions come up: “infinite or unending time” and “endless life after death”. While they are both true indeed there is a tendency to put them in a box.
Our God is eternal it says so in the bible.
“But You, O LORD, abide forever, And Your name to all generations.” (Psalm 102:12) and
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8)
Here we can see that the past, the present and the future are all mentioned. If we are in God and abide in him then we are living in eternity. In the bible it also says that we were always in God’s mind: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5).
The ‘I knew you’ refers not only to mere acquaintance, but choice as a consequence of knowledge. This means that God already knew those parts of us that are our characteristics, our funny and weird ways, our desires and our gifts. We were already there in God’s heart and therefore we existed before we were born.
Sometimes people say they feel like they existed somewhere but they are not sure where. Many people also believe in reincarnation but that’s not the truth. The truth is we did exist inside God and He often took us in his hands and whispered His plans and desires for us. We are eternal and we will go on existing after we die. I do know that we were not angels, nor did we have a body but I do know that God is our Father and we once played inside him together with joy and delight. However, He wanted us to chose Him with our free will and to go back home to Heaven one day which is why He sent us here. But we are so much more than just a speck of light and that’s why he sewed us together in our mother’s womb carefully not missing out a single detail.
But I think isn’t it exciting to know that while the dinosaurs existed, and when he created Adam and Eve we were inside God. And isn’t it incredible to know that when we leave this earth we have an eternal home. We existed in God and God is outside time so I guess that kind of makes us time travellers! How awesome is that! I am also sure that in Heaven we will be able to look back and see all of the wonderful things He has done for us.
That changes my perspective on how I see things. However big a problem and however much I feel stressed, alone or burdened I know that it’s all just a speck in God’s bigger eternal plan . However, despite it being so small compared to the rest of eternity I know that I still matter to Him and that He will never leave me alone.
- What type of person do you want to fall in love with?
Ask yourself this question and write down the qualities that you look for in a person.
Don’t think too much about this question just write the first things that come to your mind.
- What type of person are you?
Now write down on a piece of paper the type of person you are. You can use adjectives to describe yourself or describe your habits.
2. What type of person do you want to be? what do you want to achieve in life? what is your gift/purpose?
- Take some time each day for two weeks to sit and be. Ten minutes if you are very busy or more if you can.
- Shut the door and block out the distractions
- Get comfortable.
- You can sit or lie down whichever is easier.
- Then close your eyes and breathe in and out focusing on who you are right now.
- Then pray to God to reveal to you the mysteries in your heart and who you truly are.
- You may see a picture in your mind or words may come to mind.
- Remember to breathe and relax.
- Now write down what you have experienced.
- Look at the type of person you are and the type of person you want to be. Are they similar? What do you need to do to become that person?
- Write down what you need to achieve
4. What type of person do you need?
- Write down what kind of person you need in your life.
- Think about all aspects, dreams, spirituality, emotional.
5. Compare the person you need with the person you want. Are they the same? Are they similar? Have you changed your mind about what is important to you?
6. Would this person fall in love with you? Why/ why not?
- What do you need to do to achieve those similar qualities? If you wrote a positive person and you are very negative then practise saying one positive thing every day.
- Remember it’s not about changing who you are as a person for anyone else but it’s about becoming a better person for yourself and having a relationship with someone who also helps you to achieve this.
- It’s important to achieve our full potential in life.
- Remember you need someone who helps you achieve your dreams
- You also need someone with similar core values. Opposites attract is true but most long term, lasting steady relationships are of two people with similar core values and a similar understanding of one another.
7. Be yourself
This may seem like a contradiction but actually the best person you can be is the best version of yourself. No one else can be that person and so you have the responsibility to become that person and use your gifts to bless others.Remember your dreams are just that ‘your dreams’ so grab them.
8. Stop worrying and stressing
Enjoy your life and remember when you are not as stressed you are a more attractive person. Start a club, join the gym, go running, go travelling and go on an adventure. You’ll be surprised when that person turns up and where they appear.
- Let your smile radiate out and bless others. People will be drawn to you.
- Be loving and giving
- Be generous and open to all
10. Don’t give up
- Never give up. Never say ‘I’ll never find someone’. Words are powerful.
- Bless yourself every morning.
- Declare that you will find the person who you need whom will help you become even more yourself and someone who you can encourage to do the same.
Remember you are unique and there is no one like you.